DFL's Magic Wall of Ebooks
Go Straight to the Axis 360 Magic Wall of Ebooks!
There's a help button there, or you may find this Quick Start Guide useful:
Quick Start Guide to Dover Free Library eBooks
What do I need to use DFL's Magic Wall of eBooks?
- A library card in good standing from Dover Free Library
- An Internet connection and browser to check out books at Magic Wall.
- Download the free Axis 360 app for your Andriod; iOS (Apple) or Windows desktop (Note: At this time downloadable e-audibooks are not supported by Windows and cannot be utilized on a desktop or laptop computer)
How do I start?
- Get your App. Go to http://dfl1913.axis360.baker-taylor.com which is the Axis 360 Magic Wall and click the App Zone button. Follow the steps to download and install the app of your choice.
- Create an Axis 360 account by clicking Login and using your library card number and PIN. NOTE: Your PIN is usually the last 4 digits of your telephone number, once you have created your account you may change the PIN. Enter the remaining personal information and save to create your account.
- Select and check out the titles you want at the Magic Wall. Book icons showing headphones in the upper right corner are e-audiobooks. Book icons showing the lowercase letter "e" in the upper right corner are e-books. Click on the book icon you would like to view and/or borrow to see detailed information about the book and its availability. Follow the instructions to download books available to borrow into your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kinds of ebooks does the library have?
Library ebooks include fiction, non-fiction, bestsellers, mysteries, romance, science fiction, children's books, cookbooks, and more.
How do I find and access ebooks?
Ebooks must first be checked out at the Magic Wall before you can download them with your app. You may browse for ebooks in our online library catalog by entering "ebooks" in "subject begins with", or browse for them directly at Magic Wall .
Which devices can I use with library ebooks?
You can read ebooks on many types of devices such as ereaders, tablets, smartphones, laptops, and computers. For your device to work, it must support the Axis 360 App. Please see the links below for more details. Please note that older Kindles, and Nooks will not work with the Axis 360 library ebooks, but Kindle Fires will. Also, Windows supported technology (i.e. desktop and laptop computers) can only access e-books to read, but will not support e-audiobooks.
What software do I need? How can I install it on my device?
- A web browser, such as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Safari.
- Data connection