hoopla: Tap Into Discovery. Read, Listen, & Watch with Your Library Card
Go straight to the hoopla website
Quick start guide to hoopla
What do I need to use hoopla?
- A library card in good standing from Dover Free Library
- An Internet connection and browser to check out materials at hoopla
How do I start?
- Get the app. Go to https://www.hoopladigital.com/ or download directly from the app store or create account online through https://www.hoopladigital.com/ which is the login page for hoopla.
- Create account.
- Click get started today
- Fill in information in pop-up window
- Choose Dover Free Library. If it doesn't show up, type Dover Free LIbrary into the box
- Click Next
- Enter your Dover Free Library library card number (if you dont know it feel free to call and ask during libray hours)
- Click Sign Me Up
- Select and check out the titles you want.
How does it work?
Library cardholders are allowed to check out 30 electronic items (e.g., eAudiobooks, eBooks, eMusic, eVideos) per month. There are no late fees. Once your item has expired, it will no longer play on your device. Check out periods are as follows:
- eAudiobooks – 21 days
- eBooks – 21 days
- eMusic Titles – 7 days
- eVideos (Movies and TV Shows) – 72 hours
How do I borrow a title?
Click on a title you like and then click the blue "Borrow" button.
Can I place a hold on items?
There is no need for holds with Hoopla Digital. Every title in its collection is available for check out 24/7. This means that if 200 library users want to check out a particular title, all 200 users can check it out without waiting.
Are titles downloaded onto my device or computer?
Titles can only be downloaded to mobile devices via the Hoopla Digital app. Downloading to desktop computers and laptops is not permitted, due to studio or publisher restrictions.
Can I renew a title?
Yes. The option to renew appears two days before the end of the borrowing period (21 days for eBooks, audiobooks, and comics, 72 hours for movies and television, and 7 days for music). A button will appear on the title screen with the option to renew the title. At this time, you can only use the renewal feature at hoopladigital.com. Please note that a renewal is the same as a new borrow, so a renewed title will count against your monthly limit (10 per month).